Muay Thai is popularly known as the ‘Art of the Eight Limbs’ because it involves the use of hands, shins, elbows and knees. It is a popular martial art form that originated in Thailand, and now it is the country’s national sport. Muay Thai is a form of combat sport that uses all the body parts as a lethal weapon. For the past few years, Muay Thai training is in demand because it acts as a brilliant fitness regime which helps the body to get the desired fitness level. There are numerous fitness camps in Phuket offering Muay Thai training under expert supervision.
It is interesting to note that, a Muay Thai session of 60 minutes can burn near about 800 calories. The combination of a variety of punches and kicks makes this combat sport immensely helpful for people who are concerned about fitness issues. Muay Thai training has got numerous health benefits which are as, follows:
- Practicing Muay Thai involves the movement of hip with every jab, punch and kick. This is immensely helpful for the body because it helps to improve balance and posture. The hip movement focuses on the core muscles of the back and abdomen. This helps to increase agility and flexibility of the body to a great extent.
- Throughout the training session there are exercises like stretching and hitting the punch bag. There are numerous maneuvers that one needs to practice. This helps in improving the natural reflexes of the body. It makes the mind sharper and helps in better co- ordination, as well.
- Muay Thai training involves recurring motion on arms by hitting pads, heavy punching practices and kick moves. This helps the arms, stomach and legs to regain strength and power. Apart from this regular training of this particular martial art form can improve the joint movement to a great extent.
- Intensive training routines of Muay Thai can give out effective results of weight loss. It helps to burn all the unwanted calories that increase the weight of the body. Muay Thai experts say that a single session of Muay Thai training can burn up to 800 calories because the training increases body metabolism and sheds off Fat. Eventually the amount of fat decreases and the muscle mass increases. This gives the body the desired shape and size.
- The warm up exercises before the training increases the blood circulation in the body. Improved blood circulation increases cardiovascular strength. Cardio vascular strength makes any individual fit from inside and increases the stamina, as well.
Besides the numerous physical benefits that Muay Thai training provides, there are many other mental benefits which help an individual in the long run.
- Regular training of Muay Thai increase courage and determination to a great extent. The main motto of this particular martial art is- ‘never back down’ and this helps to increase the power of endurance of an individual.
- Muay Thai training makes the mind tough and relieves an individual from all kinds of tensions. Many experts of this art form say that Muay Thai is actually a kind of meditation through which the mind reaches a point of calmness. This happens because the mind concentrates only on the training apart from anything else.
- Muay Thai training increases endorphins into the blood which acts as a hormone that reduces stress and frustration.
Looking at the above facts one can easily make out the reasons for the growing demand of Muay Thai Training. There are fitness camps in Phuket offering quality Muay Thai training to beginners.